FAMILY 2ND PREFERENCE (F2)
Subcategory: A (F2A), Spouse
Is a job offer in the U.S. required? - No.
Is Labor Certification required? - No.
Is Prevailing Wage Determination required? - No.
Is proficiency in English required? - No.
Is a minimum education required? - No.
Is a minimum or maximum age required? - No.
Is an Affidavit of Support required? - Yes.
Is a proof of funds to start life in the U.S. required? - No.
Can your family members get green cards as derivative beneficiaries? - Yes.
1. Authoritative sources directly relevant to this category (in general-to-specific order):
- U.S. DOS Guidance: Family Immigration
- U.S. DOS Guidance: Family-Based Immigrant Visas
- USCIS Guidance: Green Card for Family Preference Immigrants
- U.S. DOS: 9 FAM 502.2. Family-based IV Classifications
- 8 CFR 204.2
- USCIS: AFM 21.3