EMPLOYMENT 2ND PREFERENCE (EB2)
Subcategory 1 (EB21): Advanced Degree, no NIW, no Schedule A
REQUIREMENT 2. You offered job requires Advanced Degree.
Clarification. Advanced Degree is defined as a U.S. advanced degree or a foreign equivalent degree (or a baccalaureate degree plus at least five years of progressive work experience in the field).
REQUIREMENT 3. You meet the offered job requirements.
Is Labor Certification required? - Yes.
Is Prevailing Wage Determination required? - Yes.
Is proficiency in English required? - No.
Is a minimum or maximum age required? - No.
Is an Affidavit of Support required? - No.
Is a proof of funds to start life in the U.S. required? - No.
Can your family members get green cards as derivative beneficiaries? - Yes.
1. Authoritative sources directly relevant to this category (in general-to-specific order):
- U.S. DOS Guidance: Employment-Based Immigrant Visas
- U.S. DOS Guidance: Employment Second Preference (E2): Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional Ability
- Employment-Based Immigration: Second Preference EB-2: Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional Ability
- U.S. DOS: 502.4. Employment-based IV Classifications
- 8 CFR 204.5
- AFM 22.2