EMPLOYMENT 2ND PREFERENCE (EB2)
Subcategory 2 (EB22): Exceptional Ability, no NIW, no Schedule A
REQUIREMENT 2. Your offered job requires Exceptional Ability (level 1).
Clarification. Exceptional Ability (level 1) is defined as a degree of expertise in the sciences, arts (including athletics), or businesss, significantly above that ordinarily encountered in the field.
To prove Exceptional Ability (level 1), you must meet at least three out of seven criteria of Exceptional Ability (level 1), specified by the U.S. immigration law.
REQUIREMENT 3. You meet the offered job requirements.
Is Labor Certification required? - Yes.
Is Prevailing Wage Determination required? - Yes.
Is proficiency in English required? - No.
Is a minimum or maximum age required? - No.
Is an Affidavit of Support required? - No.
Is a proof of funds to start life in the U.S. required? - No.
Can your family members get green cards as derivative beneficiaries? - Yes.
1. Authoritative sources directly relevant to this category (in general-to-specific order):
- U.S. DOS Guidance: Employment-Based Immigrant Visas
- U.S. DOS Guidance: Employment Second Preference (E2): Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional Ability
- Employment-Based Immigration: Second Preference EB-2: Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional Ability
- U.S. DOS: 502.4. Employment-based IV Classifications
- 8 CFR 204.5
- AFM 22.2