EMPLOYMENT 4TH PREFERENCE (EB4)
Subcategory: Special Immigrant, Religious Worker
REQUIREMENT 2. You have been working continuously (after turning age 14) for the past two years (either abroad or in the U.S.):
- as a religious minister in a religious vocation, professional capacity, or
- as a religious minister in a religious vocation, non-professional capacity, or
- in a religious occupation, professional capacity, or
- in a religious occupation, nonprofessional capacity.
Is a job offer in the U.S. required? - No.
Is Labor Certification required? - No.
Is Prevailing Wage Determination required? - No.
Is proficiency in English required? - No.
Is a minimum education required? - No.
Is a minimum or maximum age required? - No.
Is an Affidavit of Support required? - No.
Is a proof of funds to start life in the U.S. required? - No.
Can your family members get green cards as derivative beneficiaries? - Yes.
1. Authoritative sources directly relevant to this category (in general-to-specific order):
- U.S. DOS Guidance: Employment-Based Immigrant Visas
- U.S. DOS Guidance: Visas for Immigrant Religious Workers
- USCIS Guidance: Green Card for a Religious Worker (Minister or Nonminister)
- U.S. DOS: 9 FAM 502.5. Special Immigrants
- USCIS: AFM 22.3
- USCIS Policy Manual: Volume 7, Part F, Chapter 2