EMPLOYMENT 4TH PREFERENCE (EB4)
Subcategory: Special Immigrant, Afghan National who was Employed by or on behalf of the U.S. government in Afghanistan
REQUIREMENT 2. You were employed by or on behalf of U.S. government in Afghanistan between October 7, 2001 and September 30, 2015.
REQUIREMENT 3. Your employment was for a period not less than one year.
REQUIREMENT 4. You have provided faithful and valuable service to U.S. government.
REQUIREMENT 5. The U.S. government has recommended you for this special immigrant status.
REQUIREMENT 6. You have experienced or are experiencing an ongoing serious threat as a consequence of being employed by or on behalf of U.S. government.
Is a job offer in the U.S. required? - No.
Is Labor Certification required? - No.
Is Prevailing Wage Determination required? - No.
Is proficiency in English required? - No.
Is a minimum education required? - No.
Is a minimum or maximum age required? - No.
Is an Affidavit of Support required? - No.
Is a proof of funds to start life in the U.S. required? - No.
Can your family members get green cards as derivative beneficiaries? - Yes.
1. Authoritative sources directly relevant to this category (in general-to-specific order):
- U.S. DOS Guidance: Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs) for Iraqi and Afghan Translators/Interpreters
- Green Card for an Afghan or Iraqi Translator
- U.S. DOS Guidance: Special Immigrant Visas for Afghans - Who Were Employed by/on Behalf of the U.S. government
- U.S. DOS: 9 FAM 502.5. Special Immigrants
- USCIS: AFM 22.3
- USCIS Policy Manual: Volume 7, Part F, Chapter 10