HAGUE CONVENTION ADOPTEE
REQUIREMENT 2. You reside in a Haque Convention Country.
REQUIREMENT 3. You are determined to be eligible for intercountry adoption by the Central Authority of your country.
REQUIREMENT 4. You have obtained all necessary consents for adoption.
Is a job offer in the U.S. required? - No.
Is Labor Certification required? - No.
Is Prevailing Wage Determination required? - No.
Is proficiency in English required? - No.
Is a minimum education required? - No.
Is a minimum or maximum age required? - No.
Is an Affidavit of Support required? - No.
Is a proof of funds to start life in the U.S. required? - No.
Can your family members get green cards as derivative beneficiaries? - Yes.
1. Authoritative sources directly relevant to this category (in general-to-specific order):
- USCIS Guidance: Immigration through Adoption
- USCIS Guidance: Immigration Through Adoption: Hague Process
- 8 CFR Subpart C
- USCIS: AFM 21.6
- U.S. DOS Guidance: Intercountry Adoption
- U.S. DOS: 9 FAM 502.3. Adoption-based Classifications and Processing