REQUIREMENT 1B. You have a sole or surviving parent who: (a) is unable to care for you, consistent with the local standards of your country, and (b) has, in writing, irrevocably released you for emigration and adoption.
REQUIREMENT 2A. You are under age 16.
REQUIREMENT 2B. You are: (a) age 16 or older, but under age 18 and (b) a birth sibling of another child already adopted by you prospective adoptive parents, who immigrated (or will immigrate) as orphan or adopted child.
Is a job offer in the U.S. required? - No.
Is Labor Certification required? - No.
Is Prevailing Wage Determination required? - No.
Is proficiency in English required? - No.
Is a minimum education required? - No.
Is a minimum or maximum age required? - No.
Is an Affidavit of Support required? - No.
Is a proof of funds to start life in the U.S. required? - No.
Can your family members get green cards as derivative beneficiaries? - Yes.
1. Authoritative sources directly relevant to this category (in general-to-specific order):
- USCIS Guidance: Immigration through Adoption
- USCIS Guidance: Immigration through Adoption: Orphan Process
- 8 CFR 204.3
- USCIS: AFM 21.5
- U.S. DOS Guidance: Intercountry Adoption
- U.S. DOS: 9 FAM 502.3. Adoption-based Classifications and Processing