EMPLOYMENT 4TH PREFERENCE (EB4)
Subcategory: Special Immigrant, Iraqi National Supporting U.S. Armed Forces (USAF) as a Translator
REQUIREMENT 2. You worked as translator by or on behalf of U.S. Armed Forces or the Chief of Mission in Iraq.
REQUIREMENT 3. Your employment was for a period not less than one year.
REQUIREMENT 4. The U.S. Armed Forces has recommended you for this special immigrant status.
Is a job offer in the U.S. required? - No.
Is Labor Certification required? - No.
Is Prevailing Wage Determination required? - No.
Is proficiency in English required? - No.
Is a minimum education required? - No.
Is a minimum or maximum age required? - No.
Is an Affidavit of Support required? - No.
Is a proof of funds to start life in the U.S. required? - No.
Can your family members get green cards as derivative beneficiaries? - Yes.
1. Authoritative sources directly relevant to this category (in general-to-specific order):
- U.S. DOS Guidance: Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs) for Iraqi and Afghan Translators/Interpreters
- Green Card for an Afghan or Iraqi Translator
- U.S. DOS: 9 FAM 502.5. Special Immigrants
- USCIS: AFM 22.3
- USCIS Policy Manual: Volume 7, Part F, Chapter 10